An effective logistics resource for businesses, encouraging modal transfer from road to bulk river and rail transport.
- The leading river port in France for metalworking products
- 7th largest river port in France
- 1,400,000 tonnes processed in 2013
- 69 hectares of land
- 2 docks:
- Eastern dock: 710 lm of quaysides
- Western dock: 1,000 lm of quaysides
- 16 km of rail network
Work on the Thionville-Illange Public Port, a sister project to the Europort facility, commenced in early 2014. Planned developments include:
- A new 310 m quay (extending the existing 400 m quay)
- New division of land: 10 ha of space will be freed up, creating room for new business
- Construction of a container quay.