A multimodal facility serving the whole of Europe
Located at one of Europe’s major motorway intersections:
- The north-south route (A31-E25) linking Maastricht, Liege, Luxembourg, Metz, Strasbourg and Geneva.
- The east-west route (A4-E50) linking Brest (France) to Makhatchkala (Russia) via Paris and Prague.
Three complementary airports located within an 80 km radius of the site:
- Metz-Nancy Lorraine (France),
- Saarbrücken-Ensheim (Germany),
- Luxembourg-Findel (Luxembourg)
- CARGOLUX: Europe’s leading all-cargo airline with a worldwide network covering some 90 destinations. 2013: 5.723 million freight tonne-kilometres.
- Three trimodal ports on the River Moselle: Thionville-Illange (Europort), Metz and Nancy/Frouard.
- Mertert port (Luxembourg).
- Trier Port (Germany).
Located on rail corridors providing coverage across Europe from east to west and from north to south:
- From eastern France (Banzenheim) to Kaluga in Russia.
- From the ports of Antwerp, Rotterdam and Hamburg to Germany, eastern European countries and Italy.
- From Spain to northern Europe.
- France’s largest marshalling yard is located at Woippy, some 20 km from the port of Illange.
- Bettembourg rail terminal in Luxembourg.
High-capacity telecoms network:
deployed by the General Council across the whole of Moselle, the RHD 57 Broadband Network offers 1,130 km of superfast fibre-optic connectivity.